1. Cordis; new search system for european nanotechnology networks http://www.cordis.lu/nanotechnology/src/networks.htm
2. MAPPING OF EXCELLENCE: NANOTECHNOLOGIES . 2001 http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/era/pdf/nanoexpertgroupreport.pdf
3. Nanotechnology: a small science with a huge potential http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/growth/gcc/projects/in-action-nanotechnology.html
4. Nanotechnology in ERA 2002 ftp://ftp.cordis.lu/pub/nanotechnology/docs/nano_leaflet_052002_en.pdf
5. NANOTECHNOLOGY : Roadmap for Nanoelectronics. 2000 http://www.cordis.lu/ist/fetnidqf.htm
6. FUTMAN:the FUTure of MANufacturing 2015-2020
Report funded by DG Research l http://futures.jrc.es/reports/FUTMAN_leaflet.pdf
7. The Need for Measurement & testing in Nanotechnology. 2002 http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/fp5/pdf/hleggrowth-nanotechnology.pdf
8. Measurement & testing Needs in Candidate & New Member States. 2002 Compiled by High Level Expert Group on M&T http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/fp5/pdf/hleggrowth-mtneedscnms.pdf
9. 'Nanotechnology in the European research area May 2002' ftp://ftp.cordis.lu/pub/nanotechnology/docs/nano_leaflet_052002_en.pdf
10. Joint EC/National Science Foundation Workshop on Nanotechnologies 2001 ftp://ftp.cordis.lu/pub/nanotechnology/docs/nano_workshop_001020_proceedings.pdf
11. Survey of Nanotechnology networks - May 2002 version ftp://ftp.cordis.lu/pub/nanotechnology/docs/nano_survey_report_052002.pdf
12. The Need for Measurement and Testing in Nanotechnology ftp://ftp.cordis.lu/pub/nanotechnology/docs/nano_measurement-testing_022002_en.pdf
13. The need for Metrology in Nanotechnology 2001 http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/growth/pdf/nanometrology-draft-17-09-01.pdf
14. Promoting co-operation in polymer research May 2002 http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/growth/gcc/projects/polymer.html
15. The Importance of Interdisciplinary Approaches: The Case of Nanotechnology http://www.jrc.es/pages/iptsreport/vol13/english/Tec1E136.htm
16. Nanotechnology Advances in Europe. 2002 http://www.europarl.eu.int/stoa/publi/pdf/stoa108_en.pdf
17. MEDEA+ project profile. Set of profiles which describe the purpose & activities of 9 new projects http://www.medeaplus.org/medeaplusnews/txt_article.htm
18. Nanotechnology advances in Europe April 2002 http://www.europarl.eu.int/stoa/publi/pdf/summaries/stoa108sum_en.pdf
19. European Nanoforum http://www.nanoforum.de/
20. The Interagency Working Group on Nanoscience, Engineering and Technology http://itri.loyola.edu/nano/00_nstc.htm#IWGN
21. Nanotechnology Revolutionary Opportunities & Societal Implications - 3rd Joint EC-NSF Workshop in Lecce (Italy) January 2002 http://www.cordis.lu/nanotechnology/src/publication.htm
22. Nanotechnology:From Vision to Industrial revolution? Challenges & opportunities for research & Innovation.14 June 2002, at MINATEC Centre, Grenoble, France http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/growth/gcc/pressroom-nanotechnology.html
23. "Nanotechnology, the next industrial revolution? Nanotechnology in the EU and US. Oct. 2000 http://europa.eu.int/comm/research/press/2000/pr0310-nanotech-en.html
24. Vision for Nanotechnology Research & Development in the Next Decade.September 1999 WTEC, Loyola College in Maryland http://itri.loyola.edu/nano/IWGN.Research.Directions
25. Societal Implications of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology March 2001 http://itri.loyola.edu/nano/societalimpact/nanosi.pdf
26. "Nanotechnology in the United States" NSF fact sheet . 2000 http://www.nsf.gov/od/lpa/news/media/2000/fsnano2001.htm
27. Centre for Ultrastructure Research and Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Molecular Nanotechnology http://www.boku.ac.at/zuf/
28. Glasgow University - The nanotechnology group http://www.elec.gla.ac.uk/groups/nano/
29. Institute of Nanotechnology - provides substantial list of nano sites http://www.nano.org.uk/
Nanotech IP Legal
The Nanotech Company's Corporate Development Team member, Steve Maebius, heads up Foley & Lardner's excellent IP team.
Published by the Institute of Physics in the UK, the news on this site is mostly original, generally including interviews with the authors of scientific studies. Definite scientific achievements slant.
Difficult to figure how they make any money, but this is an interesting and informative site anyway, especially with regard to its monthly calendar of nanotech events worldwide that never fails to uncover the smallest, exotic, most esoteric nano-conferences out there.
This site contains a fairly thorough listing of nanotech companies, categorized by industry. The site also allows you to add your company/site to the index.
Home site of Nano Letters, a premiere scientific journal geared specifically for nanotechnology research. Published by the American Chemical Society (ACS), accessing full articles requires a subscription.
A well-produced site with mostly original news stories on small (micro, MEMS, and nano) technologies. The site covers most nanotech developments, with a bias towards the business side, and categorizes the stories well. They also produce a glossy magazine and boast a small tech index. Owned by a prominent nano-vc firm.
This site is dedicated to providing clear explanations of nanotechnology applications in areas such as energy, medicine, and consumer goods.